“The old dreams were good dreams; they didn’t work out, but I’m glad I had them.” Clint Eastwood as Robert Kincaid in Bridges of Madison County
This is one of my favorite quotes (and movies) of all time. It is in a frame in my office and I read it often. Especially today.
Today was a very hard day. It is the day that one of my dreams, the dream of owning my own fitness facility, is coming to an end.
But, I am SO glad I had the dream, I followed my dream and I don’t have any regrets about it at all. Plus, I had a lot of fun doing it, too.
So, does this mean that I am going to sit like a lump on a log. Of course NOT! My new plan is to continue to motivate, educate and train others in my community and online.
As anyone in my family can attest to, I have a LOT of dreams and ideas. Sometimes I probably drive them crazy. It isn’t that my family doesn’t think that I can and will accomplish all of my goals, hopes, dreams and desires. They know I will if I really put my mind to it. No, they just know that sometimes I need help with focus.
So, here is my plan to facilitate my newest “dream” of becoming a top notch fitness and wellness blogger and help make it into my new “reality.”
- Jump right in. During the past few months, I have been blogging here and there but I have not been very regular about it. My new plan is to blog at least once a day so I can stay connected with my followers.
- Attend a conference this summer that will help me better understand the social media and blogging world. One conference I plan to attend is the Fitness and Health Bloggers Conference in Denver, CO in June. The agenda looks so interesting and informative. I also hope to be one of 40 lucky recipients of the Refuel with Chocolate Milk Scholarships to the FHBC Conference. After being laid off in January, a scholarship would surely make this conference financially possible for my family and me and also help to jump-start my blogging career.
- Connect with others through Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. I have been using a personal Facebook page for a couple of years now but I wasn’t too involved with Twitter until a couple of weeks ago. It is amazing how many fantastic resources there are and how many people you can learn from on Twitter. One of the first groups I decided to follow was @FitFluential. Their motto is, “FitFluential is a growing family of fitness fanatics spreading a positive healthy message year-round. Fitfluential is Fitness Found.” Perfect!!
- I have even made a couple of friends/connections that I am very excited about. One person in particular is Bonnie Lang of BonnieLangFitness.com. She is an amazing blogger with a lot of great information and advice to offer. You can find more links to other blogs, websites and interesting ”stuff” on my resources page, too.
- Last but not least (and probably not last either) is that I will always continue to dream. I will update my bucket list of dreams, set goals and push hard to accomplish them. Life isn’t always easy but at least I won’t regret trying to live it to the fullest.
Do you have any dreams or goals for 2012? If so, what is your plan?
Good luck to you!